Thursday, May 6, 2010

Potty Training

Potty training what a fun time, I have always said you need a whole new set of patience when you are potty training and repeating slow to anger does not work. But what about when your three year old who was once potty trained starts pooping in her pants again? You become the evil crazy mom you she in Walmart yelling at her kids so you turn and run the other way. I have tried the sweet approach "It's OK honey it was an accident next time we will run to the potty." Taking something away (i.e. toys, play time, going outside), send her to her room and finally the scream like a crazy women. As you can imagine none have worked and my stubborn three year old pooped in her pants TWICE TODAY!!!! When I asked her why she was doing it she calmly answered because mommy. I felt like when I was a kid and my mom said I couldn't go to a friends house, I would ask why mommy and she would say because, because what mommy, because I said so. Except now I am the mom and my three year old is telling me just because. God help me, I think this is because I prayed for patience. A good friend once told me you never pray for patience because then god gives you a chance to be patient. Well I guess I asked for it, good thing I am doing cloth diapers now I just add the poopie big girl underwear to the poopie diapers. So yeah things are pretty poopie at our house =)

No comments:

Post a Comment