Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Making Ice Cream

Did you know you can make ice cream? I know what you are all thinking, Laur who hasn't seen the super cool llbean ice cream balls you roll around while camping. If you haven't check out llbean. So wanted one by the way but seriously I made ice cream in less than five minutes with my three year old. In case you want to try for your self here is the recipe....

Fresh Fruit Ice Cream

16oz frozen fruit (raspberries,strawberries,blueberries etc.)
1/3 cup mild honey
1/3 cup rolled oat
1-2 tsp. vanilla
about 1 pint whipping cream

Blend in food processor or blender (I used my bullet!) adding whipping cream until creamy. May use fresh fruit and ice cubes instead of frozen. So yummy!!!

Thank you Bread Beckers

2 comments:

  1. Huh! This looks very interesting and much healthier than that stuff you buy at Publix in the half gallon tub - with ingredients that one can not pronounce!! Thanks for the recipe!! Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a hit in our house and I just discovered you can use half and half in place of whipping cream. Love to skim on some fat anywhere I can =)

    ReplyDelete