Tuesday, May 25, 2010

First area food, I have come a long way from my early years. I grow up in the era of fad diets and quick fixes. My mother was always trying the new thing to lose weight and it was always a roller coaster ride. We had diet everything from one point to another, always diet coke, diet dinners, diet snacks and my all time favorite pig rines (eww dried pig skin, my mom loved these) with the ever so popular atkins diet. Eat all the meat you want but no carbs, what a number that must have done on our bodies. Anyway I have my wonderful husband to credit for the start of our whirlwind change and the end of the roller coaster diets. A year ago this past January he told me he wanted to get healthy. Not just lose weight but get healthy. Of course with the timing I assumed this was just a dead end new year resolution but he began to run and run and run. I sometimes felt like calling him forest because he never stopped. Seeing how well he was doing I began to walk (not run) but managed to lose 10 pounds. Soon after I got pregnant with our second daughter and then you know what happened I got fatter as he got skinner. Great for a woman's self esteem especially being pregnant. With a year under his belt this past January he was almost 60 pounds lighter and as of the October before I had gained 40 pounds of baby weight. As much as I hoped she was a 40 pound baby I left the hospital only 11 pounds lighter with pounds to go. So here begins my new health journey and so far it has been amazing and I can't wait to see what god brings us next. I have now lost all my baby weight plus another 15 pounds. I am enjoying life so much and can not have imagined I would be where I am at today. I am baking my own breads, cooking from scratch, cloth diapering and getting up at 5:15. Ok not trying to boast but if you knew the old me this is crazy. I never cooked, the hubs is the cook. Baking was a box of brownies, take out was my game and if it was easy I was in!!! Not to mention I was the queen of sleeping in. It is amazing to me how good I feel and just how much you can get done before 7am, join me I challenge you for a week just try it. I know you are thinking crazy Lauren but if you have kids this is some you time, a chance to get things done and some time to have with the lord. Blessings Laur

1 comment:

  1. Love it! congrats on the blog...and the 15 lbs! I am so inspired :)

    ReplyDelete