Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I was wrong

Yes I admit it I was wrong and you better mark this date on your calendar because this doesn't happen very much. I am mortified to tell you that Altoids gum does in fact have aspartame in it. AHHHH I am not sure how we missed it but there it is 12th ingredient down. I am sorry to anyone that has purchased it because of my earlier blog and it looks like I am back to the drawing board when it comes to healthy gums. So far the only two I have found that are truly aspartame free and all natural are...

Spry Gum-
Soothing spearmint flavored sugar-free chewing gum sweetened with 100% xylitol. Great-tasting Spry Chewing Gum is the gum of choice for fresh breath and healthier teeth and gums! Studies have shown that when combined with normal dental hygiene, regular use of xylitol gums may reduce the risk of dental caries
Ingredients:
Xylitol, gum base, natural flavors (green tea), vegetable glycerin, gum Arabic, soy lecithin, beeswax
http://www.xlear.com/spry.aspx#1

Glee Gum-
All natural chewing gum made with sustainably harvested rainforest chicle. It comes in SIX great flavors: cinnamon, peppermint, tangerine, bubblegum, spearmint, and triple berry. Glee Gum is the #1 healthy alternative to synthetic chewing gum and bubble gum! With no artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners (no aspartame), or preservatives, it's easy to chew Glee-fully!(Just found out you can buy Glee in bulk 360 pieces for $10)
http://www.gleegum.com/order_now.htm

Let me know if you have found any others and if they are any good!!!
Blessings, Laur

No comments:

Post a Comment