Monday, August 2, 2010

Diapers

SO I have to admit I have been off and on cloth diapers for a week now. A WEEK!!! I do have an excuse but no excuse is a good one right. I was visiting family in NJ and had trouble traveling with cloth. Then I got home only to discover that I was exhausted and did not want to do wash, lazy lazy girl. Well after only one week of disposables I discovered something. MY TRASH HAS TRIPLED!!! You read that right, I was shocked but for everyone that doesn't think disposables make an impact on our landfills come check out my trash, you are more than welcome =) So I washed everything and first thing this morning we went back to all cloth and it feels so good. For baby too!!! My trash has thanked me and I challenge you to at least try cloth every once. It is not only better for the environment, it is better for baby (no chemicals or plastic on their lil bottoms) and easier on your wallet. Oh p.s. if you are trying the "it costs more in utilities route" I want you to know that after we started cloth diapering my water bill went up a whopping, wait for it .40 cents. OMG and I only do two extra loads a week, oh plus you only use 1/4 the recommended detergent for each load. So every two weeks I use one extra scoop. Hmmmm got you thinking right. Well if you ever want to try I would love to help!!!! Seriously!!! Happy diapering Laur

No comments:

Post a Comment